About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Opening Day!

Opening Day is finally here!  Oh baseball, how I have missed you!

The Cubs don't play until tomorrow afternoon.  They open at home this year against the Pirates.  The Pirates are usually a lousy team that usually beats the Cubs even when the Cubs are playing well.  Go figure.  Ryan Dempster is starting instead of Carlos Zambrano this year, which was a good decision I think.  The Big Z needs to tone down his Giant Venezuelan Ego and he needs to grow up and stop acting like a 3 year old.  So not getting what he wants right off the bat (no pun intended) is going to put him in the right frame of mind, I think.

You may remember that I wanted the job that went to Mike Quade, manager of the Cubs this year.   I didn't get what I wanted either.  But I am going to be mature about it.  I'm not pouting and blaming my teammates.  I'm keeping my Giant Normal Ego in a box in the garage.  I know where it is and I can get it out if needed, though.  If the Cubs win the World Series this year I might even put that box in a garage sale.

Until this afternoon every pitcher has a 0.00 ERA, every team is in first place, and every fan can dream that this is the year their team will win it all.

Ahhhh....

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

I am a bit confused. Are you saying your normal ego is giant or are you saying your Giant Ego is in a box in the garage in Normal? I shudder to imagine the capacity of a Giant Ego let loose.

Kim said...

You Be The Judge...

Collagemama said...

It is best to have a two-car garage so that you can store the box holding your Giant Ego in one stall. The tentacles keep pushing up the corrugated flaps of the lid, and schlurpfhing out with those big dang suckers. Probably you should plug in an old radio on the workbench in the back corner of the garage and tune it to your baseball station. Then the tentacles will wander over to your old refrigerator in the other corner, and schmlurph inside for a can of Hamms, the beer refreshing.