About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Get Along Little Doggy

Yesterday afternoon I took a look at the weather report for points along the trip from Illinois to Ohio.  Bad news, lots of rain and thunderstorms predicted, even some potentially severe weather near Columbus.  So I decided that perhaps Sierra and I should wait until Thursday to travel.  Or we should leave Tuesday afternoon as in within the hour.  I consulted my daughter the amazing traveller.  She insisted we leave immediately.

Ok, I said.  I called the Player to see you he felt about having us arrive after midnight.  No problem, said the Player.  We packed.  We brushed our teeth.  We gathered up the Wolfster and his things.  We drove to Ohio.  We arrived at some ungodly hour, greeted with open arms by the Player and with some degree of panic by the cats. Wolf suddenly came to life sensing the presence of two small furry animals in the house.  He began to pursue Dill with the energy of a Very Young Dog.  Dill hid under the couch and I corralled Wolf upstairs.  A truce has been declared but mostly due to peacekeeping forces keeping Wolf upstairs and cats free to roam the rest of the house. 

This morning it's pretty quiet.  Wolf is napping.  Sierra is watching a video.   The Player went to work.  It's good to be here with a day to relax ahead of us. 

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ahhhhh!

Susan Ryder said...

Enjoy!

Connie Lou said...

Good work, Wolf! Keep those cats in their places. :)
It sounds like a very relaxing time!

Collagemama said...

I wish I had the energy of A Very Young Dog. I need six more hours in every evening. Enjoy your vacation.