About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signs of Spring

Number one, daylight savings time:    It is time to get ready for church and I just woke up!  I seem to have lost an hour of precious time.  Well, no worry, I'm sure I will find it by the fall.   

Number two, baseball:   I turned on the local AM radio station while I was in the car yesterday and heard...a spring training game between the Cardinals and some American League team that I could not identify and the announcers didn't mention by name during the few minutes I listened to the game.  At first, I must admit, the game sounded a bit, well, slow.  Some would say boring.  Then the announcer's voice got that certain je ne sais quoi that makes a baseball fan perk up her ears and hear how Yadier ran out to scoop up a bunt before it could bounce foul and threw it like a rocket down to Albert at first base.  One out!

I was just driving over to drop off the recycling, so I didn't hear much more of the game.  But it got my baseball heart beating a little faster again. 

Number three, changes in the backyard:   The grill is out of the garage and onto the deck!



The table is out of the shed and Sierra has kindly placed a few chairs around it:



Two front row seats for watching Kids on the Trampoline are now available at Craigslist:


and last but most definitely NOT least, the lilacs are thinking about their upcoming rebirth.


I don't mind Winter, but it's sure nice to see Spring ready to make her appearance soon.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yay for spring!

Unknown said...

Aaaahhh, spring! I'm so happy to see you again!