About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, March 25, 2011

Miss Alomoto's Galimoto

We did not go to the zoo yesterday after all.  So we did not see any roadrunners or hedgehogs.  Nor any otters, flamingos, or penguins.  It was cold and Sierra decided that she didn't want to go to the zoo anyway, she wanted to shop for presents for...um, herself.

We went to a great fair trade store called Market Path.  And Sierra found a fabulous toy.  Which I gladly bought for her. 


It requires no batteries, cords, wind-up parts, or fuel.  It requires a kid to hold it and run.  Unlike a kite it requires no particular weather or wind-speed.  It is just about the perfect toy for a kid who likes to run.  It's called a gali moto.  I think we are buying another one for Jeremiah today.

They come in many different colors.  The wheels turn and the legs move along with them.   Sierra took it everywhere we went the rest of the day.  On a walk around the neighborhood with Wolf.  To Acme, where we bought ingredients for homemade salsa (onion, Roma tomatoes, Serrano peppers, cilantro, lime juice) which we made when we got home.  Sierra alternated between helping to chop tomatoes and run around with her Galimoto.  She named it Sonshine, then renamed it Bikey Mikey.   Later we ate the salsa on tacos with refried beans, cheese, sour cream, and olives.  You can see that the Hardys and Tingleys ain't afraid of no stinkin' beans.

Today, however, is a bean-free day.  Dinner out tonight at a thai restaurant called Cilantro.  Where I am sure an 8-year old girl will be seen running around with Bikey Mikey after dessert.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Big smile! Now imagining a Cilantromoto for myself. It can double as a garden cultivator, and I can plant cilantro.

Kim said...

Oops we had black beans with lunch.

Ellen said...

I've seen those toys at Ten Thousand Villages. Neat. I bet Wolf likes it too. Not as well as a cat to chase though.

ron hardy said...

No we ain't scart. Da' beans be da best.