About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, April 1, 2011

Everything's Coming Up Rhubarb

No roses in my garden, but this sign of spring is sure to make Ted Tingley smile:


I hope this is the year I can harvest enough for a pie from my own garden.  I hope Dad will be here when that happens, too! 

Other signs of spring in my backyard this year include the kids playing my favorite sport...





and last but not least, the lilacs are still making slow steady progress toward blooming.


Happy April, y'all!  And Go Cubs!

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Smile? He's probably packing already.

Kathleen said...

OMG, it's April!

ted tingley said...

Are you trying to bribe me? It works.

Susan Ryder said...

From The Onion News:
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/chicago-cubs-cant-believe-theyre-doing-this-again,19870/

Susan Ryder said...

Warning: Some naughty words in the article, not in Spanish, but it is a hoot! And, well, it IS baseball.

Kim said...

Susan, that article is hysterical. I read it while watching the Cubs losing to the Pirates (8th inning now, 6-3)...

Collagemama said...

Walked down the hall at the nursing home this afternoon, and the Rangers' opening day game was blaring on many tvs and radios. It sounded like spring, and a nice change from the blaring "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Judge Judy". Dad was sleeping through it all, but he would like some rhubarb pie!

ron hardy said...

I think I stopped breathing I laughed so hard reading the Onion story, Susan.