About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunny Sun Day

I did laundry Sunday and unpacked.  Sierra and I made a trip to The Jewel.  We watched most of the VCU-Kansas basketball game, enjoying the chance to root for an underdog team.  David beat Goliath this time and we will be seeing VCU in the Final Four, along with Butler who suddenly this year is NOT the long-shot team.  How 'bout them apples?

It was mostly a day of rest.  But we did work on a couple of projects.

Project One:  The Easter Tree.  It's still In Progress, but looks good enough for a sneak peak here for my Gentle Readers:


We added some plastic eggs, a few small baskets, and some ornaments that had daffodils on them that I found once in a thrift store.    We still need some little bunnies and a few more little baskets.  Then I think our tree will be fully reborn as The Easter Tree. 

Project Two:  The Sierra Range Campsite.  It has a campfire (made of bricks, some dried grass to look like a fire, sticks made into a roasting spit over the fire where a bucket of water is heating up over the fake fire) and a tent made of a tarp over the porch swing frame.  I was enlisted to reassemble the frame after it had spent the winter in the shed.





So if you don't mind sleeping on a very small bed made of two sleds under a wholey tarp and cooking over a fake fire, come on over and camp out in our back yard! 

Today we are hoping to reunite with The Boy.  If his flight gets in on time we will be at the airport to greet him.  Mom and Sister are ready to have him home again.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the Easter tree. (I am wondering where I put all my plastic eggs and shiny grass!) Yay for Sierra and The Boy! Is that a gigantic leopard-skinned lizard on top of the tent looking over the campfire?

Kim said...

No it's a small cheetah print umbrella, kind of a rainfly for the wholy holy tarp.

ron hardy said...

I don't know Kim. That umbrella looks like an iguana to me, kind of the Galapagos meets Fire Island. I love the egg tree. Beatiful, just beatiful.(sp)

Susan Ryder said...

Looks like a spotted alligator getting ready to pounce on the campfire.

Collagemama said...

This being Easter season, it's a good time to get a roll of orange cellophane at Michael's. And then you find a flashlight that still works. Crinkle the cellophane, hold it down with rocks, and put the flashlight in the middle. Works well for pretend campouts, but also playing, "Let's make cave paintings at Lascaux."