About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Circles and Checks

Yesterday's agenda included:
Morning routine with the kids as usual.  Sierra was healthy again, and ready to return to school.  Jeremiah was starting ISATs this week, so I made sure he slept in a little bit and he was refreshed and ready to fill in circles all day with a number 2 pencil.

Kids - Check.

Work routine as usual.  Except I got to go to a small town I've never visited before.  Secor.  It's pretty durned far from Normal, though not as far as other places I've driven for my job.  Emden and Middletown seemed so far west when I drove to them that I swore I saw more cars with Missouri license plates than Illinois plates.

Work - Check.

Anyway, I saw my patients...the last one actually said "anyhoo" outloud...and then I came home to shower and finish my book group book.  I finished it!  I don't think I've ever finished a book group book this close to the meeting.  I'm so happy!  I won't have read 2 other books between and forgotten about the one we are discussing. 

Shower - Check. 
Book - Check.

I went to Susan and Bob's for dinner.  They made me chicken and veggies on the grill because it was warm enough to grill outside.  Bob went with me to drop the kids' stuff off so I wouldn't have to go face Oscar the Grouch alone.  By the way, I'm pretty sure Oscar the Grouch isn't going to be on PBS much longer, since he used several of the WordsYou Cannot Say on Television in Two Languages the other day.

Dinner with Great Friends - Check
Dealing with Oscar - Check.

After that:

Steering Committee meeting -Check.

Medici for some wine with Susan, Bob, Nikki, and David after Steering Committee - Check.

Home to Skype with the Player to Be Named Later, aka What's-his-name, aka Ron.  (Phyllis - there, is that clear?  I hear there was some wondering about this out west...) - Check.

At the end of this day I went to bed.  I slept more deeply than I have slept in quite some time.  I woke up when the alarm went off feeling perhaps more rested than I have felt in a week.  I feel happy and ready for a brand new day.  Check check check!!!!

6 comments:

ron hardy said...

Check to all your checks Kim. Especially the good sleep. Just checking...

Kathleen said...

Yay! I am glad Bob the Sweetie went with you to see Oscar the Grouch, and I think this should become the new routine. Muppets of various names can accompany you, of course. I live with Animal, so I'm sure he'd wiggle his eyebrows for you.

Susan Ryder said...

You forgot to mention the asparagus, as promised. Or pee. So I'm removing one of your checks.

Unknown said...

Susan also confirmed for me what I had deduced. Thank you. (I like to keep up when I am not there.) Don't like missing Book Group with you all- :( See you in person soon - save some fun for me!

Kim said...

Susan- I KNOW! I peed right after I blogged and the aroma reminded me I had forgotten to mention the asparagus. Which was delicious! As was the chicken, the grilled yellow peppers, and the hostess...oh, wait, that's too much information. But can I have my check back?

Susan Ryder said...

Well okay, here's your check back. My pee did not smell, so far as I could notice (tho truthfully I'm not in the habit of smelling my pee). Bob did not notice anything either. Maybe we are immune?

Yes, sorry other readers of this blog. TMI.