About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Off We Go!

Sierra and I packed last night for our trip to the Windy City.  One thing we did not pack is my computer.  It will be staying home.  No blogging for a few days.  So don't worry, Mom. 

There was an ongoing debate about whether Sierra would be packing her swimming vest, which she has owned since, well, several years ago when she could not swim.  Now that she is practically half dolphin she doesn't need it.  But she got it in her head that she wants to take it.  It is pretty bulky and I don't think there is room for it.  I said no, she argued, I said no, she argued, I said no, she went off to bed later and then I noticed the huge oddly shaped pillow case tied at the top with a ribbon sitting next to her suitcase.  I also noticed the vest missing from the closet shelf where it belongs. 

I will be waking her up soon and we will finish packing. 

I'm betting on the vest showing up in Chicago one way or another.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Gotta love that girl. I'll not take that bet.

You two have fun, fun, fun.

Collagemama said...

Can't wait for the full report.

Kathleen said...

I would say, based on the luggage I witnessed when I dropped you two off at the train station, that both of you are ready for anything!!

Now off I go to walk a dog named Wolf!!