About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, March 14, 2011

A Hard Goodbye

Jeremiah leaves today for 2 weeks in Ecuador with his dad.  He will play lots of soccer.  He will go to the pool/hot springs every night.  He will visit Abuelita and his primos.  He might take some Spanish classes unless he finds a way to talk his dad out of that.  What he won't be able to do is bug his sister.  So yesterday he made up for some lost time:









Hmm, looks like Sisi was making up for some lost brotherly-love-time, too!

This morning there was a different story between the sibs:


After I took this picture, I received a fabulous gift from the kids.  They invited me to sit between them and watch a little video that Sierra made yesterday.  It didn't last long but boy oh boy was that wonderful. 

Goodbye Jeremiah.  Sierra and Wolf and I will miss you so much!  Have a great trip, make lots of memories, and then come home to us safe and sound.  I love you mi'jo!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Tears that other mothers will understand.

Kathleen said...

Crying and smiling here.

Collagemama said...

Take your vitamins for the catch-up sibling bugging after the trip!

ron hardy said...

Stiller & Meara, Nichols & May, Laurel & Hardy, Sisi & Miah...sigh.