About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

As March Winds Down

Today is "I am In Control Day."  This holiday commemorates Alexander Haig's famous quote on March 30 1981 when President Reagan was wounded in an assassination attempt.  No one is sure now, 30 years later, what he said before that sentence but shortly afterward he was required to say something like "I Quit."

Today is also "A Walk in the Park Day."  I'm not sure if I have time to take a walk at Parklands today between patients, but I will be driving in that direction later this morning, so I may try to take control of my schedule so I can have a short walk in the park. 

Tomorrow is Bunsen Burner Day.  I won't be celebrating that holiday unless I am required to do so.  I can't see how that would happen, unless a mad chemist takes control of the government.

After tomorrow we're off and running with a new month.  And possibly some real spring weather instead of this back and forth indecisive stuff we've had in March.    I hope that April can take control of the weather and give the people what they want:   Some good walking weather! 

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

Busen Burner Day? Wasn't Busen the short round headed scientist on the Muppets? But my alter ego is actually Beeker. Ahh, Beeker. wo wo woo woo!

ted tingley said...

I thought Sierra was a chemist on her time off.

Collagemama said...

That Haig moment was very, very scary at the time.