About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, March 18, 2011

Feed the Pig

Sierra wanted a piggy bank yesterday.  I didn't really want to drive to Hobby Lobby at the end of the day, but she had been a good sport about running other errands with me, so I capitulated.  We bought the smallest bank, her choice, some paints to paint the piggy bank, and some pipe cleaners because they are her very favorite art supply and she is out of them at home. 

Once home, Sierra started finding coins to fill the bank.  After she got up to about 31 cents, she had the idea to work to save $100.  Then later the amount doubled to $200. 

What are you going to do with the $200? I asked

Use it to help the people in Japan, she answered.

Later she got some other ideas.  Now the goal is $500, and $200 is for Japan, $200 for CISAR (that's the no-kill animal shelter where we got Wolf), and $100 for equipment for her school.

So now that she has found all the loose change in the house, she is working to earn more coins from Mom.  But at this rate she is not going to make enough to help anyone in time.  So I told her I'd put out a plea for coins.  If you can contribute to this cause, you'll make this girl really proud and happy.  (Her mom is already proud!)

6 comments:

ron hardy said...

In the midst of being overwhelmed by the lives of the people of Japan, in the midst of feeling helpless, help is on the way. The unencumbered help of Sierra. How beautiful is this.

Kathleen said...

What a good girl. I will save some change to give her with the return of a dog named Wolf.

Ellen said...

I feel better about our world already. With Sierra at the helm I see many people being helped.

Grandma and Grandad just MIGHT find a nickle or two. Watch your mail. WHAT A GIRL.

Collagemama said...

What a joy!

Robert said...

We have some change to add to help Sierra change the world with her love and care! (This is Susan, too lazy to log into my own account, but it's Bob's change too, so it's okay!)

ted tingley said...

Someone I will not name took a full cup of pennies from my dresser today.