About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If Blogger Can Be Trusted

If we trust Blogger to count correctly, this is my 365th posting on HA.  A year's worth of blog posts in...well, a little over a year.  I started my blog on February 22, 2010.  So I missed a few days along the way, but not many.  I love blogging.  I look forward to it when I get up in the morning.  The reasons I blog late or not at all have included computer malfunction, oversleeping, sick kids, and on one or two occasions I was hanging out with the Player and well, I was preoccupied.

My blog really did begin with postings about hummus.  Some were silly, some were descriptions of early attempts to make my own hummus.  Once I found a youtube video with a rap song about hummus.  There were the hummus heads.  There was the Hummuser.  But slowly the blog evolved into stories about the kids, my friends, book group, trips, day-to-day stuff of life.  Once in a while I mention hummus again, and while I do still love hummus, eating hummus, sharing hummus, hearing about other people eating hummus....well, I think I may be over my addiction.  Hummus Anonymous has worked!

At this point I think I will keep the name, though, because all my Gentle Readers know that this is where they can find me.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy 365th!! Yay!!

Collagemama said...

Oh, no, you can't change the name! It makes me laugh everytime I see it.

ron hardy said...

I may have to check into rehab soon. Hummus and pita have appeared in my cart on a regular basis. But then again it is not so much an addiction as it is communion.

Kathleen said...

Ah, and, if Blogger can indeed be trusted, my celebratory number for today is 69! I have 69 posts so far in 2011. 69, you will recall, is my favorite white wine at the former wine bar, VIV, along with my favorite appetizer, spiced nuts.

And my code word is "shenimmi," which should be a dance, yes?!