About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Roadrunners and Hedgehogs

On Wednesday a sleepy Sierra and her mom ventured out to get some groceries.  Sierra, a big fan of Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, was delighted to find the grocery store is named Acme.  We looked, but didn't find any dynamite or traps.  But she is convinced we just didn't look hard enough so we will probably go back in search of them at some point this week.

After we had lunch with the Player over his lunch break we headed home for some napping (mom) and some video watching (Sisi.)  A lazy afternoon interrupted only to take Wolf-the-Cat-Hunter for a walk, and to make some chili and cornbread for dinner.

I finished reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog yesterday evening, which is our book group book this month.  Coincidentally Sierra was wearing a t-shirt with Sonic the Hedgehog on it, and she was gifted a very small wind-up hedgehog that spins and does flips yesterday by the Player.  (The Don Drumm Studio and Gallery where he works has a great room of things for kids, in addition to the beautiful sculpture, pottery, jewelry, and art work.)   I can't wait to meet and discuss this book with my homegirls. 

Today we may venture out to the zoo, if it warms up a bit.  Where we may, or may not, see a road runner or a hedgehog. 

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

"Mebeep!"

I am making chili and cornbread today, too.

Susan Ryder said...

I'm making chili too! Not sure about the cornbread.

May the toots commence!

ted tingley said...

Must be a chilly day. I had chili for supper today.