About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Son, the Archivist

Jeremiah is so excited about the idea of saving printed out copies of my blog for him and for Sierra.  He thinks we should print 2 of each one so they each have their own copy.  I voted to wait on that, feeling badly enough about how much paper I am using to do this.  (I bought 100% recycled paper so guilt is slightly reduced.  That stuff is expensive!)  Anyway, I think what he really likes is...stapling.

He is always stapling papers together.  He loves to staple.  Is there a job in the Library of Congress as the Official Government Stapler?  If so, he is almost guaranteed to win that job.  He is neat and efficient at stapling.   See for yourself:



 
Of course he is good at lots of other things.  But yesterday morning he got up early to work on stapling-the-blog-project.  He is a dedicated stapler.  The only other thing I can recall he has gotten out of bed early for is to go on vacation.  I think he is a Zen Stapler. 

He is also a bit of a Zen Athlete and Zen Sister-botherer.  But those are stories for another day.

6 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Does he care what he staples? Or does it have to be your blog pages? If he's a stapler for the joy of stapling, I've got a lot of paper in the recycle bin he could get to work on!

Ellen said...

Don't knock it. Your brother wanted to be a professional tree climber and Connie and I laughed at him. Those guys make a LOT of $$$$
YOU GO, JEREMIAH

Ellen said...

A couple of years ago Jeramia was helping me do
crossword puzzles. He ended up tearing the book
apart and stapling the puzzles back together on a by monthly basis.

Kathleen said...

Yes, I think that job is called the Stapler Laureate.

Kim said...

Susan, yes he would love to be the official NCC Recycling Bin Stapler. When can he start?

Unknown said...

Maybe after J has stapled some of the NCC recycle paper, he can give some of it to me, as I recycle by printing stuff on the clean backsides of discarded paper (crossing out the original printing, so I don't confuse myself about what I wanted to keep - :) ).