About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, October 25, 2010

Ding Dong

Yesterday the doorbell rang several times in the afternoon.  First it was a guy who was...whoa! good looking!..but asking for my ex-spouse.  Moved, I reported.  Oh, he said looking at his list and then I saw the Debbie Halvorson sticker on his shirt and I said, I'm the voter here and I support Debbie Halvorson and he smiled and shook my hand and said thanks and went away. 

About two minute later I remembered that he was good looking and that I should have pretended to be on the fence and invited him in for coffee to convince me to vote for her but I didn't because I am completely inept at that sort of thing.

Next what seemed like a herd of elephants rang the bell and then came in without waiting...that would be Nick, Maya, and EJ coming over to play with my kids.  I sent them to the backyard where herds of elephants are allowed to play at my house.

Finally the pizza delivery guy rang the bell.  Francisco had come over to see the kids by then and he and Jeremiah were in the driveway shooting hoops.  I asked the delivery guy if any of those men in the driveway had offered to pay him and he said he'd asked but they claimed to be "just the employees."  I said, Yes, I have hired my own basketball players.  Isn't that great?  Here's 20 bucks.

In exchange I got a wonderful pizza and a smile. 

Whoa, wait!...

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Girl, you need to take a class on FLIRTING.

Kathleen said...

How cute/too young was the pizza delivery guy?

Yes, yes, you should feel free to invite attractive electioneers and Mormons in for a cup of coffee. Oops, not coffee. And not wine.

I had a nice conversation with a candidate's wife on Friday, out with her husband, who was talking to my neighbor across the street.