About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, October 3, 2010

SIU 38, ISU 17

Yesterday I took Jeremiah to his dad's house while Sierra and I went shopping for clothes for her.  Particularly for clothes for fall and winter that fit.  She was down to 2 long pair of pants that fit that she liked that did not have big holes in the knees.  So we went to Kohls and stocked her wardrobe again with long pants, a couple long-sleeved shirts, socks, and so on.  The shirts she chose are actually feminine.  The pants are comfortable but actually look like girls clothes rather than the baggy unisex style she previously favored.  We'll have some photos of this new girl, soon.

After the trip to Kohls, Francisco and I swapped kids.  He spent the afternoon with Sierra, while Jeremiah and I went to the ISU football game together with Shamelle.  ISU lost but Jeremiah enjoyed the game anyway.  Mostly because

1.  I bought him a program so he could read about the players before the game, during the time outs, and at half-time.

2.  I bought him a hot dog and fries at the concession stand before the game and he said they were really really really good.

3.  They were so good that he had aother hot dog and fries at half time.

4.  In the 3rd quarter I dropped my water bottle down to the ground below our bleacher seats.  He got to climb down around there to retrieve it and impressed the 5 year old kid sitting in front of us.

5.  We saw some pretty cool plays up close even though we had cheap general admission seats we were very close to the field on the 40 yard line.  Both teams blocked punts then ran with the ball for touchdowns.  One of those happened right in front of us.

6.  After the game we got to go down on the field.  The plan was to try to meet one of the players whose grandmother works with me.  She couldn't be at the game, though, as she had to work, and so we never did find him or get to meet him.  BUT Jeremiah played football on the ISU field with a bunch of kids who started a pickup game.  That might have been the highlight of his day.

Today is Sunday, pro-football on TV day, of course.  The Bears play tonight.  We've got our fingers crossed that they play better than ISU did yesterday.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day in Fall!

Ellen said...

I can't wait to SEE THE NEW SIERRA. We were so embarrassed at UT's performance yesterday we thought of covering up our license plate but didn't.

Sounds like a fun day and very productive.

We are here. More later on FB