About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More about Pee

Yesterday Jeremiah and I were taking Wolf for a walk.  Jeremiah was extra fascinated watching how Wolf would position himself not just to pee near poles and fire hydrants but actually pee on them.  I told him dogs try to pee high up on the hydrants to show other dogs how tall they are.  Jeremiah said he knew an interesting fact about dogs and pee, too.  He said that dogs can tell what other dogs have had to eat by the smell of their pee.



Well, I said, we humans can do that sometimes, like with asparagus.  (If new to this blog, Gentle Reader, please review:  Kathy, Ellen, and Connie's comments about asparagus )  Jeremiah said he doesn't really like asparagus.  I said I love asparagus and I would be glad to make the sacrifice to eat some so he could smell that special smell. 

EWW gross, Mom!

Well, needless to say at Jewel in the afternoon he found some asparagus and begged me to buy it.

The story has the kind of ending you probably can imagine.  Mom eats the asparagus.  Kids question her "does it smell yet?" after every trip into the bathroom.  Mom says no a couple times then...yes!  Kids run with fascination into the bathroom sniffing the air.  EWW gross and thanks, Mom!

Mom tells daughter that she is going to blog about it this morning.  EWW, Mom!

All together now...Pee Eww!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

EWW is right. We had asperagus Sunday and yesterday I did smell that terrible smell. I guess I have to eat crow and maybe TEd will someday begin to smell his pee. Tee Hee Pee EWW

Kathleen said...

OMG EWW. I love this kind of learning. But do not try this at school.

ron hardy said...

Gee Mr Wizard. Why does that happen with asparagus? I don't know Tommy. But let's find out.