About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Costumes

I read yesterday that Courtney Cox will be dressing as a sunflower for Halloween and her daughter will be dressing up as a bumblebee. 

Just in case you were wondering, my kids will be going as a ninja and a scary version of the grim reaper, using parts from costumes of Halloweens past because I bribe them every year and say they can earn $5 if I don't have to buy them a new ridiculously-expensive costume.  My son tried to fit into his Incredible Hulk costume three years running but last year he had to give up and get the grim reaper with the flashing eyes because even a costume that is supposed to look like you are bursting it at the seams with your "big guns" will be outgrown when you are in a serious growth spurt.  Sierra made a ghost costume one year out of a 25 cent thrift store pillow case, too. 

They have been trying to get their $5 early this year, but I wasn't born yesterday so they will have to wait until they have successfully tricked-or-treated Sunday evening.

Two years ago I put together a costume and tried to trick-or-treat with them.  I was "dr quacko" and you saw the mask I wore on yesterday's blog.  I had a big cat-in-the-hat style hat, a matching gigantic tie (pink with yellow polka dots) and a long white lab coat that was wrinkled from being stuffed in the dress-up box for a couple of years.  That year they ran ahead and pretended they did not know me.  But this year they want me to dress up but they don't want me to dress up as dr quacko.

Maybe I will go as a garbanzo bean.  Garbanzo Quacko!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I watch Glee, so I might go as a peanut allergy.

ron hardy said...

With my budget this year I will probably go to a second hand store at the last minute, buy clothes to large, shred them and then go with no makeup. A tired but calmed down Bruce Banner. Let other people do the imagination part. or not.