About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hey Is It My Birthday Yet?

Oh, no that's Saturday.  I got confused because I got 2 birthday wishes on Facebook already.  One of them was in Spanish from my niece Rosita.  We are Facebook friends on 2 different continents.  Wow.  She said she was "late" for wishing me a birthday.  That's what confused me.  Then I thought maybe I was confused about the word for late or early in Spanish.  But no, she's the one who is confused.  Well she works a lot and has 2 little kids so I totally understand. 

The other early birthday wish was from my friend Jodi who calls me "Simone" from back in the days when we used to go backpacking and made up alter-ego names for ourselves, complete with personalities.  Simone is French and doesn't give a rats a** for anyone but herself.  But she says it more elegantly than that with a cute accent because after all, she IS French.  She bathes daily, though, unless she is backpacking and the river water is too cold.

Well, it's not yet my birthday.  It's only October 5th.  I have to go back to work today after a glorious 3 days off.  Yesterday Jeremiah loved being on Safety Patrol.  He will be doing it all this week, then a few more weeks later in the year.   He also enjoyed Fishing Club even though he didn't catch anything.  I arrived at 5:00 to pick him up and noticed that Mrs. O, the cute blond teacher that is in charge of the club, was having much less fun than anyone else.  Herding cats is easy compared to getting 23 4th and 5th graders to put away their fishing gear.  At least that's how it looked to me.  She announced that the weather will determine whether there is another outing this fall.    She looked like she might actually be praying for early snow as she drove off in her van.

 

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy Early Birthday! The Early Fish catches gummy worms!

Hey, you reminded me of my French persona! Based on Genevieve Bujold in Choose Me, the radio host of the sex talk show! Thanks. Now I will be giving lots of hilarious sex advice to the people who live in my head!

Kim said...

I loved that movie. Also someone once told me I looked like Genvieve Bujold. He was probably just trying to get some "advice".

Kathleen said...

You do! He was!