About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Parents and Teachers and Rangers

Parent-teacher conferences were held at the kids' school yesterday.  First we met with Jeremiah's teacher.  According to Mrs. Freitag, Jeremiah walks on water.  Cool.  But he needs to review his math facts.  No problem. 

On to Mrs. Groff, Sierra's teacher, who has been teaching 23 years and told us that this year she has the largest class she has ever had.  For a woman who spends all day with 29 7 and 8 year olds, she smiles a lot.  She thinks Sierra can turn water into wine.  Which I 'm sure she's glad to have at the end of the day.

No, seriously, the kids both got glowing reviews and the only scary thing I heard was...Mrs. Freitag is pretty sure Jeremiah has a future in politics.  Ack.  I was really counting on being the mother of a pro baseball shortshop.  Oh well, I'll survive.

The Yankees did NOT survive to see another World Series this year.  The media is calling it "The Y'all Series"...I love it.  The Rangers have never been in a World Series.  I love that, too. 

If only they were playing the Cubs.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Well that's pretty neat that both kids teachers love them.

Maybe Jeremiah will be the Manager of the Cubs and you'll get to see them in a World Series yet.

I hurt so for Sierra's teacher. TWENTY NINE of any class is a LOT.

Susan Ryder said...

If SF wins the NL pennant, I'll be cheering for them. If the Phillies win, I can't bear to cheer for the Rangers because of their former owner.

Either way I am cheering for Jeremiah and Sierra, and their great mom, and in the future will vote for Jeremiah while drinking Sierra's wine.

Ellen said...

I think walking on water and turning water into
wine is really something. You could do that.

Ellen said...

The previous comment was from Ted.

Kim said...

Are you guys confused again? Geez.

Kathleen said...

Yay to your kids!!