About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Fine Sweet Day It Was

I usually get on my computer about 6:10 after getting my happy behind out of bed and making my coffee.  I read email, then head to Blogger and read the new posts from the blogs I follow.  This morning there were several new ones to read.  I have learned so much this morning and it is only 6:45 a.m.!

I had a busy and happy day yesterday.  I went to the doctor in the morning, for my usual 4-month-lecture about my blood sugars and my LDLs.  My doctor was 45 minutes late to my appointment but then she spent a long time with me, as she must with everyone, so I didn't start seeing my own patients until 11.  Finished about 5.  Came home to eat, walk the dog, then went over to Francisco's for a while to see the kids, then went over to work on Susan's to drink a glass of wine and work on her aching back.  I saw P-Dub, and gave her a new nickname.  Sweet-Pea-Dub.  I like it.  It's right up there with Uppity Town Normal!

I came home and tried to see if any of the MLB playoff games were on the tube.  Now here's the thing.  My kids seem to have an uncanny ability to lose remote controls.  I had one in the upstairs TV room a few days ago and now it is NOWHERE.  The playoffs are on channel 23, which I seem only to be able to get to by pressing 23 on my remote.  If I just scroll up or down with the controls on the TV itself, the durned thing goes from 22 to 24.  So I couldn't get to see any baseball.  The downstairs TV hasn't had a remote for months.  (Do they EAT them?  Flush them?  WHAT?)  So I had to read.  And gosh, that was so nice.  I got under the covers and read for an hour, then went to sleep. 

It was a fine, fine day.  This weather doesn't hurt, either.  So sunny and warm-but-not-hot.  Perfect! 

3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Kim is amazing, gifted, and talented. She also finally got to touch my pelvis, (though my pubic bone is still safe from her magic hands). What a kind gift of friendship for you to come by last night, thank you!

Kathleen said...

OK, I was with you on the fine day...and then, yeesh, pelvic and pubic bones suddenly appeared!!

What were you reading in bed?

Kim said...

I was reading Living Downstream! Purchased at Babbitt's of course.