About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Triple Tens!

I had a very nice birthday yesterday.  My son found a way to get channel 23 on the downstairs TV so I even got to watch some baseball last night!  I thought that I didn't care about any of the AL teams, but Lo and Behold I got to root against the Yankees (to no avail, the won anyway) and during the Tampa Bay Devil Rays vs Texas Rangers game, I caught a glimpse of W in the stands and remembered that he was once the owner of the Rangers.   I have to say that I then took great pleasure in rooting for the Rays.  (The devil made me do it.) And they won.

W wasn't just anywhere in the stands, of course.  He had a primo front row seat. 

I would imagine that W has not read what I was reading while I also watched the game.  I was reading chapters 8 and 9 of Saving Jesus from the Church.  Chapter 8 is titled "Justice as Covenant, Not Control" and chapter 9 is "Properity as Dangerous, Not Divine."  I think W would benefit from reading those chapters but I'm not sure he would understand them.  He'd probably have to have Dick Cheney explain it to him. 

Dick has been remarkably quiet during this pre-election season.  Whassup with that? 

I am taking the kids to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Lodge today and we will be coming home tomorrow afternoon.  They don't know yet, it's a surprise.  I have swimsuits, PJs and clothes for tomorrow packed.  I have snacks and drinks in the fridge.  I have toothbrushes ready.  I have a reservation for a "kids cabin suite" which has bunk beds for the kids.  Willemina is going to keep Wolf for me tonight.  It should be a great two days, and I will be back to blog by tomorrow evening!

Happy 10-10-10 everyone!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh, what a wonderful surprise!! Have fun, fun, fun on Binary Day!