About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Devil Made Me Do It!!

Be it ever so hummus, there's no place like home.

That has nothing to do with anything but it popped into my mind as I started to type today's blog.  Or perhaps it came to mind because yesterday's word of the day was homebody.  Who knows?  The Shadow Knows,  And the devil made me do it!

Hey, that makes me wonder.  Whatever happened to Flip Wilson and his alterego Geraldine?  Inquiring minds want to know!

***

Back after a short break from reading up on Flip Wilson.  What an amazing life.  He died in 1998 of liver cancer.  But before that he had an amazing performing and comedy career for an African American born in 1933.  He stopped performing as much in 1979 to raise his kids after winning custody of them in his divorce case. 

Click here:  The Devil Made Me Buy This Dress
to hear a vintage Flip routine that will take you right back to 1973 (or thereabouts!) and if you are alive and breathing will make you laugh your happy behind off!  There are several other clips from his show on YouTube.  Treat yourself today and watch a couple of them.  Then laugh about them all day and if anyone asks what you are laughing about, just say:

 Honey, What You See is What You Get!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Minus the Honey, that's what I always say to my class on the first day of school.

Kim said...

Kathy, don't start channeling Geraldine during your performance of Helen today. See you at the Walk tomorrow.

Ellen said...

This is great. Now besides THE WAFFLE WEDDED WIFE I have Flip Wilson to make me laugh. HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA