About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Book Group

Tuesday night I hostessed our women's book group at my humble home.  It was the first time Sweet P-Dub had been to my home and so I was happy to give her the tour.  I asked all the women to step into the upstairs bathroom and vote for a new paint color by writing their name on the color swatch of their choice.  I have never seen a group of women congregate in a bathroom before and I must say it was pretty interesting.  Usually we gravitate toward the kitchen. 

Here are the results of the vote:

Pam - Soft Iris
Janet - Purple Passion
Susan - Lavendar Sunset
Phyllis - Watercolor Lilies
Suzi - Wild Lilac
Kathy - Lavish Lavendar

So now I'm just going to use the color I like best, which happened to be the same as P-Dub's pick.  Watercolor Lilies it is!

We did discuss our book at length...The Used World.  Seven thumbs up!  Next time we will be reading Loving Frank by someone whose name I no longer recall.  I've slept since then.



After the official meeting was over some silliness ensued.


And then a little more silliness.

Sorry I didn't remember to get out the camera earlier in the meeting because I think P-Dub would look great in this little get-up.  I think I will be dropping by the Ryder household with my camera this week. 

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Honestly you just make my day. Thank you for the laugh.

Kathleen said...

"Duuuude. Are you a girl?"

Susan Ryder said...

I loved them all since I'm a fan of lavender and purple. Can't wait to see the finished result. And would LOVE LOVE LOVE a photo of P-Dub in disguise!