About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday Night with the Queen

On Friday's sleepover party last night we watched, what else?, Jackie Chan in The Spy Next Door.  Then I suggested we watch one of the two movies that I had rented yesterday afternoon, either Marley and Me OR Just Wright.  Marley and Me was voted down immediately, "NO!  Marley dies in the movie.  Too sad!"  Okay, OKay, OKAy, OKAY!  No dying dog movies.  Jeez.  (The truth is that they are afraid I will cry in front of them.)

They didn't want to watch Just Wright either, but I told them Queen Latifah is in it and that she used to be a Rapper.  Well, they agreed to try it for 15 minutes and then if they didn't like it we would turn it off.  After about 2 minutes they were hooked.  Whew.  I really wanted to watch it.  Queen Latifah plays a physical therapist.   I was proud to have her pretending to do what I really do for a living.  I'm sure she made a little more than I do, though, pretending to do what I do on the big screen.  That's kind of odd, isn't it?

The movie gave the kids and I a chance to talk about sincerety in relationships, how money or success can influence they way people treat you.  Then we had Mint Moose Tracks Ice Cream and went to bed.  A successful Sleepover Party.  Again!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What fun! I will look for Just Wright at the library!