About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yes, Yes, The Player Was In Town

No, no I didn't blog while he was here.  We did play outside with the kids a lot:  playing a variety of sports with J-dude and having boat races in the water racing down the side of the street with Sisi.  We did some yard work.  We went to church, though I skipped the adult education class before church.    We also went for a walk at Parklands, hoping to see lots of bluebells.

Instead we saw the flooded Mackinaw River!  It was amazing.

This was the river yesterday.   Below is the same area a couple weeks ago: 

The bluebells were there, but swimming. 

We ate lots of good food including some salmon cooked...well, it was going to be cooked on the grill.  But when I opened the grill last night here is what I found:


I cleaned out most of it but there was too much debris in the bottom of the grill and it was getting late, so I made the salmon in the microwave which was quick and delicious!  The nest inside the grill turned out to be made by a starling.  She is back at it again today.  So before I clean the grill out completely I have to get a grill cover that will keep the little darling starling out. 

The Player enjoyed the salmon, the games, the boat races, the park, church and the smooches.  Wait, smooches?  Where did that  come from?  Well, anyway, we had a lovely weekend.  The Player is headed back east now.  We are missing him here already.   Even the Wolfster looks a little sad.




8 comments:

Collagemama said...

Thanks for the river photos. It is hard to imagine you just now have redbuds when we are over ninety degrees. I will look for your dad's blog.

Ellen said...

Glad the Player was there. Sounds like a good time by all.

Kathleen said...

Lovely photos, and what a surprise--that nest! Glad you had a good weekend.

ted tingley said...

Sports, boat races, yard work, swimming blue bells, hiking, floods, bird nests, grilling in,
and Wolf. Great day!

Susan Ryder said...

Ted, you forgot the smooches!

Sorry I didn't get to see Ron at church Sunday. I was home Kayla-sitting, but you know that I'm sure.

ted tingley said...

Smooches? I have to be careful about what I say about someone who makes rubarb pies and someone who might eat them before I can get there,

Kim said...

Dad, I'm your girl first and foremost. You have "pie priority." Sorry Player, it's in the fine print in the contract. I'm pretty sure you know that already.

ted tingley said...

Saved by the daughter from Normal.