About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Perfection


The bluebells are here!  The bluebells are here!


I went to Parklands yesterday afternoon and ended up walking for over an hour.  It is not yet the peak of spring wildflower season, but she is in her last week of being a pre-teen, and soon she will be busting out all over!  There were a few fields of bluebells, some violets, trillium, and shooting stars.  The redbuds were just showing a hint of lavender.  It was an absolutely perfect day to walk there.  I saw only one other person, a few birds, and a beaver!  I scared the poor furry fella who was up on the banks collecting sticks for his dam I suppose, and he took off running into some brush as soon as he heard me come down the path. 


I fell in love, too, with a new tree.  Here s/he is:



I must have been under the influence of endorphins by this time in the walk, but I became hopelessly enamored of every curve of each branch of this gnarly beauty.  I could not help but think how beautiful that tree has grown without one thought for it's own appearance.  It is a tree being a unique and strong tree.  It's perfect.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

A perfect afternoon.

ron hardy said...

"...without one thought for it's own appearance." Wonderful Kim. It is just being here.

Kathleen said...

Also in love!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh ...
I'm so excited that the bluebells are out!

ted tingley said...

Thank you Kim. Thank you Miss T.

Connie Lou said...

This blog really made me smile. I love seeing flowers and wildlife and love that you appreciate trees like I do.

Collagemama said...

As I walked on the Redbud Trail Tuesday I wondered where in the hey-ho the redbuds were hiding. Well, duh, this is not a Disney ride, the same 24/7/365. We have to catch the redbuds in their fleeting season!