About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh Happy Day...

Here are my children wearing outfits that any University of Illinois alumni will admire.  Sisi is wearing blue pants and J-dude has on orange shorts, as well.  It's enough to make me break out into song!  Hail Alma Mater, ever so true so truuuueeee....

Here is what Sisi accomplished in the past month:  she raised $235 dollars to help people in Japan.  We sent an electronic check off yesterday!  I am so danged proud of her.  J-dude helped her but gave her the credit for the project, like a good administrative assistant should.

Here is what J-dude did today:  he got up and made breakfast for his sister.  He made fake smores for her, with small white powdered donuts between graham crackers.  He served it to her and made her some hot chocolate, too.

His teacher reported that he seems to be back to his more studious and respectful self at school.  The new dosage of his medication PLUS graham crackers = a happy kid, happy parents, happy teachers, happy sister and happy friends. 

4 comments:

Ellen said...

YEA! I'm glad Jeremiah is doing so well now. AND...Sierra, you should be VERY proud of all your work. That's wonderful. I think the newspaper should do an article on that girl.

Kathleen said...

I love the newspaper article idea, Ellen, or, hey, the tv news! And perhaps the interview happens at breakfast, donut smores being served by J-Dude!

ted tingley said...

Call the newspaper, the tv station and the Preident of the US and the Leader of Japan.

ron hardy said...

Rather than speak through my agent I will take this opportunity to express my reaction to the current affairs with the Kim-kids. I am happy and proud as a clam for both of them. (Can a clam be proud?) Do a little dance Chief Illini...