About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Even Moms Need a Mantra

Here is how my morning went between 6 and 7 when I usually blog.
1.  "Mom..?"
2.  "Mommm?"
3.  "MOM?"
4.  "MOMMM!"

Repeat steps 1 to 4 about 1,392 times.  You get the idea.  I was unable to multitask enough to actually write a blog.

This morning I am going back to work.  Or I am trying to go back to work.  The Scheduling Gods are not smiling upon me with favor, though.   I am trying to put some money on the kids lunch account online, but the Skyward Website Gods are not smiling upon me with favor either.  Things are not going smoothly in general.

I walked the kids to school this chilly sunny morning.  They rode their scooters.  Such troopers, they wanted to ride even though the wind chill was 25 degrees.  I think repeating their mantra "MOM" makes them somehow immune to the effects of cold air.   I would like a mantra that makes me immune to the frustrations of my job today.  When we got to the school I couldn't get Sierra's scooter to fold up like it is supposed to, so it can fit into her cubby.  I tried the mantra that rhymes with SKIT several times but that didn't work. 

I am muscle-achy all over from the all the yoga I did yesterday in the class I took.  I need a mantra to soothe muscle aches.  I need some extra-strength tylenol and a bubble bath.

3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

And wine.

Kathleen said...

Ah, you need a supermantra. It is Mmmmmm, the word that arises naturally in the bubble bath.

Collagemama said...

The superhero mama cracked the whip in the air above her faithful steed and yelled, "Calgon, take me away!"