About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Green Goo

Jeremiah's class had a field trip yesterday to Heartland Community College.  This is the year no one was going to get to take field trips due to funding cuts, yet this is his second field trip so far.  Go figure.  On the way home Sierra got mad when she realized he's had two just this year and she has had zero in her three years at Oakdale.  She suddenly felt much happier when he offered to let her play with the Goo they made in the chemistry lab on the field trip.





Apparently you can make this stuff with glue, laundry detergent and food coloring.   Apparently the kids and I are going to do that right now.  If I don't blog tomorrow you'll know I am caught inside a big tub of Goo.    

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Be sure to get the black goo update at Collagemama's blog.

Code word: "inazat"

Kim said...

I commented already on that blog!

ron hardy said...

Yes the goo will get you. Goo has been around for centuries. "Quo est goo?" said Claudius. Apparently. Maybe. Children's togas were a mess due to the dyes in the goo.

ted tingley said...

We are going to take a vote. The only two voters are Ron and myself. Ted votes for you to teach
Sierra how to make your delicious rubarb pies instead of green goo.

ron hardy said...

As heads of the Pie Senate and the Pie House(not a restaurant) Ted and I have the power to push through legislation requiring the said daughter of Kim to be educated in the art of making delicious rubarb pies instead of green goo. Hear Ye, Hear Ye. Bang! Votes are in. Appears to be unanimous.

Collagemama said...

Okay, but the children need balance and a reading of Dr. Seuss's "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" while the pie is baking.