About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, April 22, 2011

Just in Time

Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Home Depot and bought 2 new rakes.  The rakes now bear the names of my young 'uns, so they each have a rake of their own.  The rakes are meant to be used to help rake up every tiny little stick in the yard so that the new reel mower doesn't stop every 6 feet when a twig catches in the reel.  Our back yard neighbors have an elm tree that drops about 100 sticks per minute as far as I can estimate.  The kids helped rake and as a reward they got to help mow.  HAHAhahahaha.  That concept will not last forever but I am all about living in the moment with the mowing help!


The Grass Conquerer!

Stuck sticks stink!
We got the yard mowed and looking nice just before the rain began.  It's been raining about 12 hours now and promised to continue for 40 days and 40 nights according to the Weather Channel.  I hope Sierra will have the ark built in time and I sure hope that cardboard and duct tape will weather the flood!

10 comments:

Ellen said...

You did read Mark Twain when you were growing up, didn't you?

Kim said...

Just call me Huck!

Kathleen said...

Your kids are welcome to bring their new rakes over her for the sweetgum balls once it stops raining.

ted tingley said...

The only one who got his work done by Friday was
Robinson Crusoe.

Collagemama said...

My dad used to send us out to pick up the rotten fruit under the peach and apple trees before he mowed. Yuck. No rakes, but I did have a dedicated dandylion digger all my own with a bright orange handle. Glad your helpers are enthused for the moment.

Kathleen said...

Just checking....

Susan said...

You forgot to blog today. Just letting you know in case, you know, you forgot.

Kim said...

Busy with negotiations for the team.

Susan Ryder said...

Does this mean the player is in town?

Kim said...

Susan, see next posting!