About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday is the New Sunday

Yesterday did not feel like a day off from work.  It was only a day off from my regular job but a day very much ON for everything else I do.  I taught at the cancer center and had not one but two challenging opportunities to control my Irish mouth.  I had groceries, laundry, and other mundane kinds of errands to run.  I had NCC treasury tasks to perform (serving the Lord with love and deposit slips!), and then I went to the kids' school.

Job one at the school:  help out in the library.  First graders are still cute in April.  Job two at the school:  meet with J-dude's teachers about his change in attitude, behavior, and school work (not changes for the better of course, there is never a meeting about those changes) since he returned from his lengthy spring break in Ecuador with his dad.  Jeremiah attended the meeting as well, but his participation matched his effort at school lately. 

So the wise Mrs F assigned Jeremiah an essay to write last night about his changes.  That 3 paragraph essay took the poor kid over 2 hours to get down on paper.  It did help him open up about why he feels differently about school and gave me some ideas about how to help him get back in touch with his better angels.    Also we will be making a trip to the doctor this week to find out if some of his medication is to blame.  (Oh please God let it be so easy...ha!)

Today I am going back to work to rest!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds like he has a wise teacher AND a wise mother.

Kathleen said...

The power of writing!

Collagemama said...

I was wishing Tuesday was the new Friday, as I feel more run over by a truck than in touch with my better angels. So many opportunities are arising to practice keeping my mouth shut! Wishing you luck.

ted tingley said...

I know J will in getting things together. He has great mental talent and great physical talent. I know he wants to play sports in high school and college and maybe beyond. But without the grades there will be no sports. I want him to play at a school like Vanderbilt or the University of Illinois.

LETS GO J.