About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, April 29, 2011

I Got Hacked!

Yesterday morning while at work I received a mysterious email from...myself at home, when I was not home to be emailing myself at work.  I thought to myself, hmmm that's weird!  Then I started getting calls about weird emails my friends and family were getting from me.  One friend said 'That joke wasn't funny!"  What joke, I thought to myself?  Well, anyway, my sister Connie told me my email was hacked and I needed to get in touch with Comcast.

After working my way through their interminably long phone menu, pressing 1, 2, or 3 several times I finally got to press 0 to talk to a person.  That person then listened to my tale of woe and she said she had to transfer me.  I got transferred to another phone menu and after pressing the magic number 5 I got to talk to Sean.  Sean was wonderful.  He told me immediately "I can fix that!" and he did.  Then he reassured me that this has been happening a lot, and that all the hackers have been doing is messing with email.  (But I did change some other passwords on my system just in case.)  Sean, Sean, My Wonderful I-Can-Fix-That-Sean.  So if you ever need help, call Sean.   His number is 800-comcast-get-you-some-sean.  I think he should marry Tawanna from Target.  Maybe I will try to introduce them.

5 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

I got an email from you yesterday, subject line: "Susan hey" with this message:

Hey Susan there's nothing stopping you

and then there was a link I did not click. I wonder why I didn't get a joke?

I emailed you back asking, "what the ...?" or something like that, figuring you had been hacked. Thank goodness Sean saved you!

Long live Sean! When I call Comcast, I get very kind, sweet people from India, the only problem being neither of us understand each other. I want me some Sean. (No offense intended to sweet kind Indians from India.)

Connie Lou said...

I am really happy that Sean could help you fix this! And that it's mostly just email woes instead of major file-stealing woes!

Ellen said...

Is this why you tried to get me a job from home, Kim?

Collagemama said...

I really freaked when I got an email from myself written in Chinese. Since then I change my passwords every three months, which gives me more chances to think up weird codes.

ted tingley said...

Three cheers for Sean and Tawana.