About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, April 30, 2011

In My Back Yard

Lilacs are trying to blossom


White hearts are trying to bleed


A girl is studying an anthill on a Friday afternoon.

Daffodils are going bananas

The rhubarb is growing toward pie-ness


Wait, what's this?
An unwanted guest has invited his friends and relatives to crash the party.  They won't leave willingly I'm sure and will have to be forcibly removed.  Sigh.


 

4 comments:

Collagemama said...

The same birthday I received a blue rod'n'reel, a book about ballet, and a fuzzy pink sweater, I got an orange-handled dandelion digger, all my very own. Think I was ten. I still have it. Maybe anthill girl is ready for this big event!

I do miss lilacs. We always watched the ants crawling around inside the peony blossoms.

Ellen said...

I wonder if there is an ant looking back at her with such intensity.

I can almost smell the lilacs.

Susan Ryder said...

I have lilac envy. Only one of our nine is blooming, somewhat. This is their third spring. I expected more from them after all of our TLC, not to mention expensive food.

On another note, two of the houses behind us appear to be having a dandelion growing contest in their backyard. (I would call them neighbors, but neighbor implies an "over the fence" kind of friendliness I do not feel toward them, in part because of the dandelion forest, but more due to their kids who jump on the trampoline and scream. Incessantly. Actually more like shrieking. But I digress.)

ted tingley said...

Dandelion wine may make your back yard 100%.
If I tried what Sierra is doing down here the Fire Ants would eat me alive.

I smell rubarb.