About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, April 11, 2011

Blooming

Yesterday Sierra went to a friend's house where a group of 6 girls did origami and played together.  She came back with several pieces of origami including a butterfly, a pecking chicken, and a cup.  

I spent the afternoon with Jeremiah and a friend of his at Grady's batting cages.  It was hot and humid and only a few other people were there.  Jeremiah and Jacob tried out a variety of cages:  slow pitch baseball, slow pitch softball, medium pitch softball.  I started in slow pitch softball which is where I should have stayed.  I tried the slow pitch baseball (40 mph according to the sign).  I could not get my bat around fast enough to make contact on any of my 8 tries.  So I went back to the softball cages and stayed there for a while, then just watched the boys get better and better after they shook off the dust of a long winter of not swinging their bats.

I must admit I was disappointed that I could not hit a 40 mph baseball.  I guess I thought my ancient history of playing softball and 40+ years of listenting and watching baseball would have given me some ability to at least foul one off.  Maybe I should have tried for a bunt. 

The only thing I can say is that I did better in the batting cages than I would have at origami.

It's great to see your kids blossom in new ways every spring.

3 comments:

ron hardy said...

Cheer up there Pujois. Getting used to a batting machine's cues probably takes time. Years of watching baseball has imprinted the motion of, let's say, Kerry Wood. The long ball will come.

Kathleen said...

We're old.

As in, I'm so old I most often cannot visualize the security word well enough to get it right the first time. If no comment appears here at all, it's because I never got it right.

How's that for screwy logic?!

Kathleen said...

(Tried 3 times, got it with "lumingie," which is luminous lingerie.)