About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Zeppelins and Coconut Bras

Zeppelin is the word that Jeremiah used to Whip Mom's Big Butt in Scrabble yesterday.  I was winning something like 102 to 58.  He had skipped a couple turns to switch out letters, and I also had let him use a dictionary to help him.  (It's all about the learning and love of words.)  The next thing I know, he made the word Zeppelin.  He made the word Zeppelin over not just 1, but 2 Triple Word Squares, and then by using all seven tiles he also got 50 bonus points.  Zeppelin ended up being worth 216 points all by itself.  As soon as he heard that, his smile got very big, and the game was put away because as he just wanted to revel in the moment.  It was like a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth in game 7 of the World Series. 

Which I hope he will also accomplish someday.

I'm trying something with him called "Word of the Day."  He's to find a word in the dictionary that he thinks I won't know, then ask me, then tell me the definition.  Yesterday's word was zeppelin, which I knew, but that's okay.

The day before it was flume.

The day before I had just come up with the idea.  So, today I can't wait to see what word he finds.

While Jeremiah and I were playing Scrabble, Sierra was up in her room dressing up her poor stuffed puppy in drag:



Puppy is a boy.  I asked twice if Puppy was a boy or a girl since Puppy was made to wear a grass skirt and the construction paper version of a Coconut Bra.  No, Puppy is definitely a boy, said my daughter.  He is just wearing a costume.  Indeed!

Well, as a footnote, but not the least important bit of information in today's blog, I want to wish my dad Ted Tingley a Very Happy Birthday!  Indeed!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

WOW!!! Guess that's another game I cannot play with that boy. He beat me so bad in Chess a few years ago we don't even go there anymore. Maybe Aggrivation since I do a good job of aggrivating people. :)

I doubt there has EVER been a puppy dressed as grand as that one, Sierra.

Kathleen said...

Wow again! (In case my other post turns up, the one that disappeared suddenly!)

And happy birthday again to Ted!