About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My One True Love

I overslept again.  This time because I woke up at 4:53 a.m. with a horrendous headache.  I took some tylenol and went back to bed with an ice pack on my head.  Couldn't get to sleep until my alarm went off at 6 a.m.  I turned it off then miraculously I fell asleep.  Until 7:45.  Shoot!  I got up and made coffee (job #1) and fired up the little ol' work computer.  Got today's schedule.  First patient I was supposed to see doesn't want anyone to come until 10:30.  Hallelujah!  There is a God.  So now I have relaxed, finished the coffee, and become somewhat more awake than asleep.


I was also cold when I woke up.  That was a wonderful sensation.  I immediately began to think of the sweatpants and sweatshirts I have missed wearing during this hot hot hot summer. The cool fall days.  I love Fall.  I want to marry Fall I love it so much.  Can I do that?  I would wear my grey baggy sweatpants and U of I sweatshirt for the ceremony.  I am very committed to Fall.  It's just that Fall leaves ME every year about November.  I wait faithfully for it to return, and it always shows up again.  I always welcome it with open arms.  I never ask where or with whom it has been.  I just adore the fact that it always always comes home to me. 






Sure I enjoy the first snow of winter, the new blooms of spring, summer's garden bounty.  But when I saw the neighbor's maple tree had 2 red leaves the other day, my heart leapt and I knew it wouldn't be long until my favorite season would really and truly be back.

6 comments:

ted tingley said...

I will be wearing my bib overalls all patched
up by MEAGAN with her duct tape to the wedding
if I get invited.

Unknown said...

So true! Fall is my favorite, too!! I'd say that Fall has been cheating with me, but Fall leaves me every November, too!

Kathleen said...

But is Fall celibate?

Kim said...

Kathy, No. In the months of September and October fall is everyone's lover. And we don't care!

Kim said...

Dad, I think Sierra will want to borrow those bib overalls someday.

Kathleen said...

I just made this up. It's a sniglet (word that isn't in the dictionary, but should be). You can have it:

bummus--what you say when you run out of hummus