About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Small Town Parade with Big Heart

The Ipava Homecoming and Camp Ellis Days Parade was a hit with my kids.  You would think that VFW marching color guards, little high school bands, fire trucks, and tractors might bore them.  Au contraire!  They loved every minute of it.  The final word yesterday was "Can we come to this parade every year?" 









The fact that they collected about 8 pounds of candy being thrown from the aforementioned trucks and tractors was probably only a small factor in that wish. 


Jeremiah's pockets came in handy for collecting it!  Someone commented that it looked like his pants might fall down from the weight of his collection.


Just a small sample of the booty!

The candy is now locked up in my house somewhere, to be used for giving out on Halloween.  (HAHAHahah.a.ha..)

As far as I'm aware no crimes were committed by any of my family members or their friends.  I did mention there were members of the military with weapons, which may have deterred any misbehavior.  And a military plane which flew over also worked as a reminder that the brig might still be open over at the camp. 




 Of course the kids and I left in the early afternoon and I don't know yet WHAT might have transpired later. 

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Well, if Dad and I DO get moved to Normal your kids can just count on going to this parade as long as our bodies will work.

Kathleen said...

You said booty!