About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, September 5, 2010

No No No

I was doing a little catching up on Facebook yesterday.  I only go on FB about once a week now, and I find I'm really out of the loop for the most part.  I don't seem to have the desire to log into it daily anymore, nor have I completely given up on it.  While I was on FB, I read a posting and about 15 comments regarding a woman who was debating whether to allow children to attend her wedding reception or not. 


My first reaction was Of Course children should be allowed at the reception.  They are usually the Life Of the Party!  But some of the comments made me realize that it was a reception with a big fancy sit-down dinner and the expense of having kids there was an issue.  So I lightened up a little bit.  I decided to think of other things you could put on the invitation in addition to "No Children, Please."


No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service!
No Tea Party Members, please.
No Hummus. 


Wait, what?  I wouldn't go to a wedding reception where I had to wear shoes!


Well, just to put the exclamation point on my decision to lighten up, there was one child this morning who woke another child up.  That child whined until she decided to take matters into her own hands. She punched the other child in the arm until he cried.  I discovered a big bruise there that needed ice.  The child that was hurt then composed a song that he sang loudly to the tune of God Bless America, with lyrics that began "I Hate Sierra" and went on from there.


So, sure, no kids. Ok.  I get it.

3 comments:

ted tingley said...

Wwll now,if youare planning to get married
Kim, you should invite your own children. Any
one I know.

Kim said...

Yes, if I get married it will be to Fall, and there will be a big bonfire outside and a weenie roast and kids will be invited. All kids. Maybe no adults unless they promise to act like kids. No fancy sit down dinner, unless of course you want catsup or ketchup on your hot dog and you want to sit on a hay bale.

Kathleen said...

I think "I Hate Sierra" is the Song of the Day.

(I love Sierra.)