About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, September 13, 2010

Fish Tales

Sunday afternoon Jeremiah, Sierra, Grandad Smoky, Francisco and I headed out to the Bait Shop and then to Miller Park.  Grandad showed the kids how to put the worms on the hooks and the fishing began.  Jeremiah caught a fish within a few minutes!

Sierra caught one right after that.


Jeremiah caught a second fish, then we fished another hour with not even one nibble.  That seemed like a very successful fishing trip to me.  Nothing big enough to consider keeping, more adults than children present, and I got to take pictures so I didn't actually have to touch any worms or fish.

Later I grilled salmon which Grandma wrestled into her shopping cart at Jewel all by herself, using only a credit card to secure them.  They were delicious!  I think I like Grandma's method of getting fish for dinner best.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Grandma likes that kind of fishing better too.

What a GREAT week-end we had. Thanks.

Kathleen said...

Coincidence of salmon! Also caught at Jewel!

ted tingley said...

I was given the honor of taking the fish off
the hook so some could throw them back in to be
caught again.