About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy as a Bee

Tuesday is the 'New Monday' if you are in your 50's which are the 'New 30's' and don't have to work on the regular Monday each week.  But yesterday was a crazy hectic day for me in which I accomplished the following things:

Vacuuming my home and the inside of my car
Took in a carload of recycling
Picked up a prescription and got a few groceries
Had "lunch" with Miss Clairol
Got the oil changed in the car
Went to the dentist (no cavities!)
Volunteered at the kids' school library for a while in the afternoon.

WHEW!!!

Jeremiah has a big project due on Friday and we spent a lot of time working on that last night, too.  He has to create an Island Country complete with cities, landmarks, a map legend, a compass rose, and so on.  His country is called "Football Island."  We are having fun creating it, but it's more work than I thought it would be.  He named most of the cities and landmarks after players like "Drew Brees City" and "Fortetown" and "Romo River."  The finished product will probably be photographed and appear here on this very blog soon.
And by the way, the Bears are now 2-0 in regular season play!  HHAA!  Let's see what happens next Monday when they play the Packers.  If they win that game, I might be a believer. 

So, back to today...Toosdee..back to work.  I used to say, when the kids were littler, that I went to work to rest.  Today might feel like that as well!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I remember an island world recently...! Hung from a ceiling fan....

Ellen said...

He might have a water tower in one town with goal posts on top called Titans tower. HA HA HA HA

Susan Ryder said...

You left out driving over to my house to bring me my book -- thank you!