About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Return to Camp Ellis

Saturday's posting a little early.  Because Saturday, come early mornin', I'll be getting ready for another Road Trip!

For those of you who have been reading my blog for quite some time, thank you.  And those among you may recall my mother, her friends, and my dad dragging me into a life of crime back in the spring, in a place between the small towns of Ipava and Bernadotte, Illinois.  The area that was once Camp Ellis.  There was driving on closed roads, ignoring traffic signs and laws, some level of weird trespassing, and Lord Knows what other commandments were broken that day.

If you haven't read those reports on that Day of Infamy please see Road Trip and End of the Road.

So tomorrow I return, with my own children, to the Scene of the Crime.  It's the Weekend of Camp Ellis Days!  There is supposed to be a parade.  Then we are going out to lunch with the family criminals, friends, and some of my cousins.  Who knows what other exciting activities will ensue.  I will be taking my camera as well as my children.  And plenty of cash, you know, in case we need money for bail.  Because I can't spend the night in the Fulton County Jail (also mentioned in prior blog Road Trip) because I have to teach Sunday School at NCC on Sunday morning.  And what kind of example would THAT set for my students? 

Susan:  Kids, we are sorry to report that Kim, Jeremiah and Sierra will not be here today.

Kids:  Aw, jeez, are they in jail AGAIN?

Susan:  Well, now, we aren't sure about that.  Let's not jump to conclusions.  Remember Jesus said, ... um...Forgive Kim because...um... the Sins of the Fathers..um, you know...

Kids:  Yeah, okay Susan.

Heaven forbid!

Well, there will be a blog about the events of tomorrow come Sunday, so stay tuned.  Who knows what will happen over in the Wild West of Illinois!!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I look forward to the pix and the Bible lesson.

Susan Ryder said...

So happy to see all of your faces this morning, so as not to have had to explain it to the other kids. Not to mention Willemina, who would have been on her own!