About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Really really sorry

Kathleen's blog yesterday asked what books we have thrown against the wall.  I answered, "Clandestine in Chile, the Adventures of Miguel Littin" - not because I didn't like the book, but once I was mad about something else while I was reading it, and it was handy, and, well, I'm Irish.  So I threw it and then felt bad because it wasn't Gabriel Garcia Marquez's fault I was mad.

Then I decided to google GGM and found this very funny quote:

"Fiction was invented the day Jonah arrived home and told his wife that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a whale."

If you take the Bible literally you won't like that quote.  But if you take the Bible literally you probably aren't reading this blog.  And if you do take the Bible literally and you read this blog, you're probably horrified.  Sorry.

I wouldn't think that quote was funny if I had a philandering spouse, either.  So if you have one of those...Really sorry.

If you read this blog and expect something intelligent and insightful today...Really really sorry.

If you found this blog by accident and thought it would be about hummus, sorry, but look back at yesterday's blog.  Sometimes it is about hummus.  But not every day.  Kinda sorry.

I'm laughing now when I write the word...sorry.  It's such a pathetic-looking word.  Now it even looks funny to me on the page.  Just look at it...hahahaha.

So...nevermind.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

If I threw a book at the wall, I would be really, really sorry.

If I threw hummus at the wall, I would be even sorrier.

ted tingley said...

I was listening in when Jonah was talking
to his wife and I believed him until he
started talking about Pinocchio.

DAD