About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back Yard Campout







Last night we slept out in the tent!   Even Wolf slept in the tent with us.  No one snored.  No one had to pee in the middle of the night.  No neighborhood dogs went crazy barking.  A choir of birds woke me up about...?  who knows?  It was really really early, though.  I looked up through the screen window roof at the maple tree and listened to them.  Wondering why they sing so loudly and insistently for that hour before dawn then suddenly go quiet.  I guess it must be Bird Church.  Which is made up entirely of hymns until it ends with a silent prayer.

We had our little camping pads, well, Jeremiah and I did.  Sierra had to sleep on her old kindergarten mat.  Everyone was comfy.  We had extra blankets in case it got chilly and it did.  Jeremiah brought out what he called an "emergency kit."  I didn't look at it until this morning.  It had his baseball schedule, a spiral notebook, and a dictionary.  I asked him what kind of emergency he'd been thinking about.  He replied, "In case someone says a word I don't know I can look it up."  Oh. 

We did go to the pool yesterday afternoon.  The pool was packed.  It seemed like everyone in McLean County was there.  The new water slides were open.  Jeremiah and Sierra went down one of them together in a double-inner-tube.  There was live country music.  There was hot hot sun and cool water.  The line for refreshments was a mile long, so after we left the pool we went to the drive through at Micky D's instead.  Can you say chocolate milkshake for momma?

Then we came home and watched the Cubs whip those Cardinals. Ha. Hahaha.   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!  I also took a nap in the 4th inning.  It's tradition!

Later Jeremiah wanted to play some backyard baseball.  He didn't like it when I took time to snap a photo of him first.



He'll get over it.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like that guy's emergency kit!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. This is just the VERY BEST blog you have had, Kim. I think Jeremiah is practicing his "stern" look for his ball games. If I were playing against him and he gave me that look I'd be scared to hit the ball.

YOU GO, Jeremiah.