About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mayo Day

Saturday was May Day, but yesterday turned out to be my own private Cholestrol Festival.  I don't know what got into me, but I had an egg sandwich for breakfast (2 eggs, cheese, mayo, on toast.)  While I was making them, I noticed the Use By date on the carton and decided I'd better Use By Right That Minute.  So I boiled the 6 eggs left.  Later I made deviled eggs out of 4 of them, and ate 3 halves.  More egg and mayo, cut with a little mustard.

Exercise does help lower cholestrol, of course, and I did some yard work, weeding flower beds to get ready for some planting.  Connie, even in my garden I didn't see any snakes.  (For those of you who are not friends with my sister Connie on Facebook, she posted the story of finding not one, but two snakes in her house during the flooding in Tennessee yesterday.  Criminy!)  Francisco helped me with the weeding, well, actually he did more of it than I.  Our deal was he would give my yard his professional going over and I would make a steak on the grill in exchange. 

SO, for dinner we had steak.  No mayo, though.  But pie and ice cream for dessert.

Today my cholestrol is probably about 400.  But my yard looks like a million bucks!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like pie!

Kim said...

There is still pie and it's really really really really good.