About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Fun in the Almost-Summer TIme

Sunday was HOT and HUMID.  I mean, did ANYONE see my hair?  Or rather, did anyone NOT see my hair!  Whew!

The kids decided to paint Sunday afternoon.  We started to set up out on ye olde decke, but it was too too hot.  So they moved into the garage, where not only was it cooler but I could set up a box fan to keep the air moving.  Painting now that they are old enough not to need 2 adults per child to supervise them is a lot more fun, for me anyway.  I set them up, turned on the fan, and went inside to watch the Cubs game.  But first, of course, I took a picture of the artists in action.


Yes, Sierra IS wearing something that looks like a loin cloth.  You know those artists!

Later Jeremiah joined me, but Sierra decided it was Sprinkler Time.

Oh to be eight again!

Just swinging in the sprinkler got boring after about 2 minutes, so she devised a Swinging Sprinkler Weapons System.



After a while she finally convinced big brother to tear himself away from the game, put on his swimsuit, and join the fun.   They put the sprinkler under the trampoline:



Life IS a bowl of cherries!



After about 50 tries and a quick doubling of my water bill, Jeremiah landed a front flip on his feet.  No mean feat on a wet trampoline!

Sierra has some flip action going-on too.

Next weekend the town's pools will open, and Jeremiah says THIS is the year he will learn to do a flip off the diving board.  I think this may be the year I start closing my eyes most of the time we are at the pool.


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You say it's a trampoline. But I think it might be a huge chickpea masher.

Kim said...

It's a Mashbooh Trampoline!