About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Breath and A Skunk

On Wednesday I discovered that the Bloomington Fire Department has some hunky-dorey paramedics.  I met 3 of them, long story, not worth telling, and then I was sorry for all that garlic I had eaten on Tuesday.  For that reason, and that reason only, I didn't pretend to pass out and need mouth-to-mouth.  I will wait until a better breath day.   But personally, I'm thinking, "Who needs eHarmony.com when we have 911?"

Speaking of better breath, and also of my daughter who is very good about brushing her teeth but not so good about cleaning anything up, here is what her toothpaste tube looks like after she uses it:


Okay, that's bad enough, but then the other night she said, "Mom, I am going to use grownup toothpaste now.  It's going to make my teeth really really white!"  And she did.



And while we are on the subject of Sierra, let's get an update on the Sammy the Skunk situation.  As you know, Sierra is to turn Sammy in to Miss A on the last day of school.  Which is today, Thursday.  But we are about to pull the old bait-and-switch trick.  Here is Sammy's evil twin Samuel:


Samuel is clean, still has his tags on, and I'm sure his breath smells really good.  He's sure to be loved by another first grader next year.   I know this is the opposite of the usual bait-and-switch schemes.  And I'm pretty sure Miss A won't be fooled but she'll pretend to be. 

And speaking of being fooled, do you think the paramedics would know if I didn't really need mouth-to-mouth?  That I just wanted it a lot?  There may only be one way to find out. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

And by the way, when I met those paramedics my hair was lookin' good!

Kathleen said...

This is definitely a story I need to hear.