About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Shampoo!

After whining several times in this blog about how my hair increases in size in direct relation to the humidity, I learned something new.  A new word.  Volumizing.  You may ask, how did you learn this word?  Well, the answer is, I read it.  On my shampoo bottle.  In the shower.  Monday morning.

Volumizing?  I asked myself.  Self, I said, you don't need no stinkin' volumizing now that it's summertime!  What were you thinking, self?  I said.  You need something else.

Then I found a sample of something called CALM shampoo in the shower caddy, and tried it.   Yes, much better.

But later when I went shopping to try to find CALM shampoo, I couldn't find it.  I did not feel calm right then.  I felt like my emotions were getting volumized.  But at the last minute, before I would have been asked to leave the store through the back door, I found something called "None of Your Frizzness" shampoo.  I bought that right up!  And soon I'll have a hair status report on how that sassy-named shampoo did with my bad-ass summertime hair.

Well, hair rebellion and sweating-like-a-pig aside, I'm ready for summer.  

Not that it's any of your frizzness!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Is that what Jesus meant when he said he was going to do his Father's frizzness?

Kim said...

Susan?

Susan Ryder said...

Perhaps. I'm sure his hair, in that climate, could have used some calming.