About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, May 13, 2010

AJB and the SSS


Part One:  AJB  (American Junior Baseball).
The first official practice of Jeremiah's baseball season was last night. He wore his team uniform, and last year's baseball shoes which miraculously still fit. I have to confess, I think he is just darned cute with his curls coming up under his cap now:



Yes, he IS wearing socks that don't match. 




I should point out that I am biased, just a little, but I think he's going to be a fine baseball player this year.  It's the first year that the kids pitch, so the games will be longer and more painful to watch.  Keep that in mind when I invite you to one of his games later this summer.  It's okay to say you have to wash your hair, I understand.  But when he's famous, you'll be sorry if you can't say, "I saw him back when!"



Part Two:  The Shantytown Snack Shack revisited

As  Jeremiah's dad drove him off to practice, Sierra decided to do an experiment in blowing things up in the garage, just outside the snack shack.


First she tried pumping air into an empty coke can.


That didn't work, so she tried pumping air into an empty milk carton. 

Fortunately there were no explosions.  But not for lack of trying!

By the way, Sierra is planning to open up Shantytown Snack Shack for real this summer, as a Kid's Club.  She plans to hire someone to serve the food, have dancing inside, and you'll need a membership card to enter, issued by Sierra, and if you are an adult, you can just forget about ever getting inside the SSS.  Her other plan is that she and I will be in our kitchen cooking the food to serve.  I'm sure it will be a rousing success and I'll be sure to let you know when the Grand Opening will be. 

And yes, I'll clean the garage before then!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Does the Shantytown Snack Shack serve hummus?

Blogdiggity dog!

Kim said...

Of course, if I'm preparing the food!
I saw your blogdiggitydog thingy! I will have to find 15 new blogs to award, since I only read yours and Caroline's!