About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, May 31, 2010

National Salad Month


Did you know that May is National Salad Month?  Me neither, until I didn't know what to write about for my blog and so in desparation went to my "bizarre and unusual holiday" website where I sometimes get ideas for my blog.   Is that cheating?

Well, May is also National Hamburger Month!  So my daughter who once wanted her middle name to be Hamburger, and I, made a salad with fresh spinach, radishes (from my share of Henry's farm that I got last week) and cauliflower.  Sierra is actually old enough to cut with a sharp knife.  I hope.  She did a great job on the radishes, that's for sure.

Our salad turned out tasting pretty healthy and yummy.  It made Sierra and I happy to eat something that we made together in the kitchen.





June is, among other things, National Accordion Awareness Month.  Can you believe it?  Accordions get a whole month, and hummus still doesn't have a single day to celebrate it.  Some things are just plain wrong.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I thought today was Hummorial Day.